1 Group Session: $15 per session pre-pay / $20 per session drop-in
Individualized Gong Healing Session: $60 / 3 Pack of Sessions: $160
Please visit our workshops page for gong class listings!
Individualized gong sessions last approximately 1-hour. During your individualized gong healing session Kathy incorporates: a seven stone (chakras) layout, essential oils and reiki to help you deepen your experience and transformation with each session.
In a fast paced world built on the motto’s of “never give up”, “never stop”, “go big or go home”, “resting is for the weak” gong is a practice that
A gong bath uses sound and vibration to cleanse us on the inside – emotionally and physiologically. Now this is not a “bath” with water and soap, but rather a bath of vibration, energy and harmonics.
When you join us for gong we always start with a brief explanation on the benefits of the gong, what you could possibly experience during the gong session, and how the gong session takes place.
Following the introduction you are then guided through quick breath exercises to promote the flow of energy and to create a receptive mind-body state for deep relaxation and meditation during your experience.
Those present then prepare to lie down on the floor with a blanket and knee support or on a zero gravity chair. Although it is not necessary to bring supplies to rest with, you are welcome to if you choose.
When you come to a gong session it is advised to wear comfortable movable clothing that is nonrestrictive and breathable.
“The Gong is the first and last instrument for the human mind, there is only one thing that can supersede and command the human mind, the sound of the Gong. It is the first sound in the universe, the sound that created this universe. It’s the basic creative sound. To the mind, the sound of the gong is like a mother and father that gave it birth. The mind has no power to resist a gong that is well played.”
Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga
Kathy plays a sun gong and when she begins she begins playing to clear the subconscious and conscious mind. The participant (you) simply has to open themselves up and listen in. The sound, vibration and harmonics of the gong do the rest. As the gong is played it bathes the body, mind and soul in a higher attuned vibration that our being then works to rise to as it cleanses any areas of blockage that we may be unconscious or conscious of.
Gong has been used and played as a form of therapy and healing for thousands of years. In fact, it is believed that the first Gong was accidentally made over 4000 years ago.
Playing the gong affects our brainwaves: Alpha, Delta, and Theta, our normal waking consciousness corresponds to the Beta state, which is our brain emitting waves between 13-30Hertz. The feeling of relaxation and concentration is linked to the Alpha state, which sends waves between 8-13Hertz. Then we can go into Theta state (5-7Hertz), associated with Rapid Eye Movement and release of muscular spasms and energetic blockages. Last but not least, Delta state (0.5-4Hertz), emitting extremely low vibrations associated with deep sleep and other unconscious states.
There are many benefits to receiving a gong bath:
- Reduction in stress
- Breaking up of emotional blockages
- The Gong is a psycho-acoustic gateway to heightened states of awareness and consciousness
- Stimulates the glandular system,
- Resonate all cells in the human body simultaneously and recalibrate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Affects all cells in your body.
- Balances both hemispheres of the brain.
- Changes our old patterns of behaviour, habits and way of thinking that no longer serve us and are harmful to our health.
- Cleanses negative energy and emotions.
- Connecting with your higher self.
- Deep relaxation.
- Helps to recover after illness, traumas and invasive medical treatments.
- Helps to cope with life’s challenges.
- Improves sleep.
- Increases vital energy flow, creativity, intuition and motivation.
- Makes positive changes to our whole being.
- Removes blockages and toxins.
- Soothes, purify and harmonise your emotions and feelings.
- Stimulates circulation.
- Stimulates endocrine glands and regulates hormonal functioning.
- Strengthens immune system.
FREQUENCY + INTENT = HEALING